Thursday, September 23, 2010

hipster faith

I'm guessing that if anyone reads this blog, they know I go to Belmont, and if they've talked to me about school, they know a thing or two about how it's slightly different from your average American university... We don't have a football team. If you don't play an instrument, you're in the minority, because we 'do' music here. Guys roam the campus in brand-name skinny jeans and v-necks with their hairs all did up (nothing wrong with that, just different). All of this is to say that Belmont is, when it comes down to it, a 'hipster' school, or at least the hipster factor makes up a large majority (but we do have a whopping three sororities!).

The other day I was looking on google images for a potential computer background photo of Sufjan. Instead, I came across this article. It's all about the new 'Hipster Faith' that has emerged... everything in this article describes Belmont (and myself, to be honest) to a tee. The reason I came across this article in the first place is because it mentions the popularity of musical artists like Sufjan among our generation. And while it points out the good things about our generation and how we live out our faith, it points out what needs to be fixed as well. It's a good read, it's relevant, and it's where my mind is at, so I thought I'd share it with anyone and everyone.

Love,
Anntie Anne

P.S. I'm on facebook & twitter hiatus right now (indefinitely)... so please stay in touch through things like this blog or phone calls or talking in person (preferable the last option, unless you don't live in Nashville).

No comments:

Post a Comment