Wednesday, May 12, 2010

in bloom (a post from the dallas arboretum)

Kids are running around everywhere - it's field trip day... what I'd give to be able to relive my childhood and appreciate it. Maybe, though, that's how it's supposed to be - you don't realize how good it is until it's gone.

Rode my bike here - first around White Rock Lake and then stopped to smell the flowers (literally). I reminisced when I took a gander at the Beatrix Potter flower display/tribute... Mrs. Tiggle-Winkle, Peter Rabbit, Mrs. Tittlemouse. I remember all those books (and hope we still have them somewhere).

One part of the Beatrix Potter tribute. IP studs could tell me what rights a TM grants you...

Flowers and butterflies are the key ingredients to the Dallas Arboretum...

Picturesque Pond

I finally found a semi-quiet spot in the midst of all the joyful/screaming children. I love going and exploring the dirt/gravel paths here... something about the unpaved road. One of my favorite things is the crunch of gravel beneath my footsteps. It reminds me of simple times, Texas ranches, camp. I want to record that sound for a song someday.

On another note, i almost ran over a squirrel riding my bike around White Rock. I think that probably would've sent me flying and hurt me more than the squirrel.

x
feelin' dannedy

No comments:

Post a Comment